SELF-TAPE 101 WORKSHOP
March 12, 2017
12:00 - 4:00 PM
It is increasingly common that we ask actors to self-tape. Sometimes you are just not physically available to audition – you are on location or live in another city, on holiday or the day job won’t release you. Other times we may do a virtual open call and ask that anyone who is interested submit themselves.
Unfortunately, many of the self-tapes that are sent in do not reflect the quality or ability of the actor sending it.
The SELF-TAPE 101 workshop walks you step-by-step through the process and offers key advice on do's and don'ts of taping your own audition.
Areas of focus will include, but will not be limited to:
* Choosing the best and most cost effective equipment needed to fulfill the industry’s growing demand for self-taped auditions.
* You will be put on camera and given a brief and honest assessment of what you bring to the screen.
* Discussing how to easily produce two different takes when it’s required from Casting.
* Editing, labeling and submitting your self-taped audition to the desired recipient(s).
* Overcoming the obstacles an actor faces and/or creates when trying to produce a quality self-taped audition.